Hey guys, it’s the Bio Bus again, and we want to tell you some of the BioMazing things we achieved this week.
- Gayatri and Jordan have been designing the Biodiesel Bumper Stickers – which, if you fill up at our Biodiesel Pump Station you will get for free (of course one of your choice) – and the banner for our Soap Carving Event. In the meantime Marein, Ibu Berlyn, Taj, Jayden, and Pak Endra have been Planning for Our Soap Carving Event – Please, please, please come!! It’s going to be super fun!! This Friday, January 27th, after assembly (3:15), High School Art room. There’s going to be a soap carving competition & workshop, and of course cold beverages to keep you company.
- Today, Camilo, Ally, Mai-rah, Sheri, Wells, Yuki, Pedro, Gaia, Quinn have been collecting used cooking oil (UCO) and signatures in Ubud. They have collected 48 liters and found 19 potential future UCO donors!! Also Pak Dan, Christian, Remi, Babette, Viva, Mara, Ananda, and Flynn have been collecting data in Lagian and were very succesful. In the meantime Gaia has been arranging the UCO pickup in Canggu.
- I think all of us are in love with the Grease Police team right now…
- Kyle and William have been making liquid soap/bar soap, and filtering glycerin. William has also been checking all wash stations for Bio Soap and bottling our Bio Soap in bottles so that you can have your hands clean anytime at Green School.
- Joey, Maxwell & Sophia have been doing the planning of our app, and also (Sophia, Maxwell and me) updating our Bio Bus website – if you havent seen it yet, please take a look: https://www.gsbiobus.org/.
- I have been making photos/videos, the blog, the newsletter, and posting them all onto social media so you can access them. (Facebook page, website, etc)
- And a very exciting thing happening is that If, Ihno, Shiraz, and Dek have been continuing making our Bio Bikes!!
- Saniy and Rahma (our 2 interns that just left), we miss you!!
We’ve got some greasy great news from the Bio Bus everybody! We just want to remind you of some things we said in the assembly.
First of all, let us remind you of how you can join us on the road to zero waste and promote renewables in Indonesia!
Hire for field trips, class parties, birthday parties, picking up and/or dropping off people at the airport, and anything else you can come up with.
You can now also rent a diesel vehicle and fill up your vehicle at the Bio Bus Pump Station! (More information on picture below). And, we still have seats available on our bus! (more information on picture below)
As usual Bio Bus students were busy this week. What did we do?
Well, Camilo, Ally, Mairah, Sheri, Wells, Yuki, Pedro and Gaia have been collecting used cooking oil (UCO) and signatures in Ubud, whilst
Pak Dan, Christian, Remi, Babette, Viva, Mara, Ananda, and Flynn have been collecting UCO and data.
William and Jayden have been collecting UCO from the GS Kitchen, and have also (together with Kyle) been making our very own liquid soap and bar soap.
Sophia and Maxwell have been working on updating the website, and I have been working on this article, the blog on our website, and photography.
Kyla has been editing the Bio Bus Story edition, and
Gayatri & Jordan have been designing the Bio Bus bumper stickers and designing a new Grease Police T-shirt.
Ibu Berlyn and Pak Endra are planning our Soap Carving Event (January 27th)
Maxwell and Sophia are having a meeting about our App.
Marein and Taj collected UCO in Ubud and they got 69 liters! Thank you Taksu, thank you Arang saté bar, Tutmak, Laughing Buddha, and Lotus Café. Also, something very exciting happening (which If, Ihno, Shiraz, and Dek are working on) is the experiment of our very own Bio Bikes!
Thank you for your support everyone!
Hey guys! It’s the Bio Bus again.
We’ve been pretty busy this Wednesday!
Some of our Bio Freaks (Taj, Marein, Ibu Berlyn, Dek and Jayden) had a meeting about a Soap Carving Event happening the 27th of January 2017. It’s a soap carving competition – a competition using our very own bio bar soap! Plus, there will be real judges and cold beverages to keep you company.
Pak Dan and his crew have been working on making a survey for hotels, warungs, big corporations, etc. to answer a couple of questions about where their used cooking oil (UCO) comes from, what they do with the UCO after they’ve used it, etc.
Also, Shiraz and William have been working on filling up soap bottles for all around campus and for inside your homes! They’ve also been working on cleaning up the Bio Bus office, cleaning our jerrycans, and more.
Our famous Grease Police Team got 11 jerrycans (150 liters) of UCO at Old Mans!!
Taj has made two (2) competition stations – 1 at the Bio Bus office, and 1 in the Heart of School (HOS) – which reminds me… please sign them to help support us take more UCO off the black market!
Thank you for your support!